Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Here is a picture of my dad and the four of us kids. I'm the little one at the top. I was about three.

My dad was a hard worker, an inventor or sorts, and from what I remember always happy. There were rough times no doubt, but he always had a positive attitude. Some of my favorite memories -- he would lay in the floor and raise an arm, which ever kid was in the floor would push the arm down, and then a leg would go up. We played this game lots. When he got older, and couldn't walk very well, he would get in his scooter and ride down their road singing hymns. Always happy.

And another good daddy.....my son. He loves his little girl.

Did some sewing today. I need a baby girl quilt in a week. Sometimes I put too much pressure on myself about making quilts. I bought some fabric at the quilt show not knowing what I was going to do with it. Receive an invitation to a baby girl shower yesterday. I thought I'd use it but I'm afraid it doesn't look much like a baby quilt.

That's the thing about quilting...you put so much time, effort, and money into making a quilt but sometimes it just doesn't turn out as nice as you'd like. Sometimes all your hard effort isn't appreciated. Not sure if I'll give this one for the baby girl or save it for a donation at another time.

One more of my Daddy. Guess I got my wild hair from him...lol

And just because I think the porch looks nice on this first day of summer.......

 

 

No comments: