Saturday, November 10, 2012

T-shirt quilt extraordinnaire

Check out this beauty.

One of my quilter friends stopped by this afternoon to show me some of her creations. This T-shirt quilt is one of the best I have ever seen. She made it from her son's Boy Scout t-shirts. One of the blocks has his name and the date he attained the Eagle Scout recognition. She found some great Boy Scout fabric that she used in the sashing and backing. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Thanks Nancy for bringing it by!

One of my new favorite blogs, One Good Thing (linked at right), had the recipes to make your own sauce mixes. I was interested in the taco sauce but ended up making all three of them. She also has a great post on making your own crunchy taco shells to make them more fillable friendly. Gotta try that.

Yesterday I stopped by my best friend's house and got to see her beautiful grandchildren. This little one reminds me so much of her daddy when he was small. I used to get down in the floor and play with him too....about 32 years ago.

And one last picture of my little furry friend, Jesse. He also loves quilts!

No comments: