Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Talented Friend

We met Cathy and John a little over a year ago. We have become fast friends. The boys like to fish together and like me, Cathy enjoys making things. She is amazing. She is one of those people who can do anything. I encouraged her to learn to quilt. Her first was made from a pattern, but she changed it up some. The second, she designed. Then she made this triple Irish chain from 2 inch pieces, and finished the edges her own way, different from the pattern.

She took a part time job in a quilt shop where she has learned to use the long arm. She custom quilted this quilt, using different patterns for each of the white space blocks. I love this quilt. Not only does she quilt......

She made this fishing rod holder for her husband. My hubby definitely needs one of these. She made it from wood they cut from their own property, used a jig saw to cut the grooves for the rods, and tilted the base boards to help hold them in. It is amazing. She looked through some fishing catalogs and got the idea. She is one talented woman!

1 comment:

Petit Design Co. said...

sounds like we need to come hang out with you! My hubby loves fishing and building stuff, I quilt and build stuff too!