Saturday, November 17, 2012

Homemade mixes

Homemade laundry soap. I decided to make up some today. I have used it before. My friend felt like it faded her clothes, so I got a little leery of it, although I hadn't noticed that myself. I hate paying the price of grocery store detergent so I am trying it again. The recipe is all over the internet - 1/3 bar of Fels-Naptha grated, 1/2 cup Borax, and 1/2 cup Washing Soda, and water to make two gallons. I have started using Downy Unstoppables as a fragrance enhancer to the load before I wash. I like that smell. In this batch, I also added some citrus essential oils to enhance the smell. I used my Magic Bullet to grate up the bar soap. Worked pretty good.

I also mixed up some of the no-grate laundry soap. It uses Dawn dish soap in place of Fels-Naptha bar soap that you have to grate. I am just not sure about it. It looks like plain water with just a bare hint of the blue dish soap color.

One other thing I made today....

The recipe is very simple. 8 ounces of water with 10 drops each of lemongrass, grapefruit, and bergamot essential oils. Shake, pour in small spray bottles. I printed the directions on labels I applied to the bottles.

Actually, I think this is hilarious. You can buy it online....with names like trap-a-crap, royal-flush, crap-shooter (for the men in your life), déjà-poo, heavy-doody.....there are more. I guess each has a unique blend of essential oils.

....hope this doesn't offend anyone......just a little fun for the day!

No comments: