Thursday, November 22, 2012

Book Reviews

First, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Just by living in America, we have so much to be thankful for. I am reminded of that even more so, in the last few days via the books I've been reading.

Fearless. A word to describe Adam Brown, a man who overcame much to be a Navy Seal. It brings home what "sacrifice" really means. To Adam, and all the others who have sacrificed their very lives, to ensure our freedoms, I am thankful. To get a better understanding of what our military does for us, while we sit in the comfort of our homes, read it.

This book...oh my. I have cried and cried as I read. I am not even half way through yet. It is an amazing story of a beautiful (homecoming queen), popular (class president) young woman who left her family and friends in Brentwood, Tennessee and is following God's call in Uganda, one child at a time. A stark reminder of the luxurious lives we live here in America, yet our material wealth so often gets in the way of being the hands and feet of Jesus.

You will enrich your life by reading these two books.

No comments: