Saturday, November 3, 2012

Homemade bread

I've made homemade bread for about 30 years. I don't eat store bought sandwich bread. My breakfast routine always include a piece of bread with my coffee-- either with melted cheese, toasted with cinnamon and sugar, or toasted with butter and jam. For a couple of years I've been using a honey wheat recipe that makes three loaves.

I like this recipe because with one to eat and two to freeze, I don't have to make it as often.
See the blow out? That is what happens when you let it rise too long before you bake it. That loaf had a huge air bubble. I tried to make one loaf into cinnamon raisin bread. It looks pretty, the one on the left, but when I cut into it, it too, had a big air pocket. Oh well. They will still taste good, just not look too pretty.
I'll try to get the recipe on the recipe page soon.

No comments: