Saturday, March 14, 2015

Quilt Guild Friday

I joined a quilt guild last month and today was my second meeting to attend. I am so impressed with this group. I signed up for a contemporary art quilt workshop with Pat Pauly as the instructor. Evidently she is world renown for her work. I am on the wait list so I won't get in unless about five people have to cancel. Below are a couple of the samples she sent for the guild to show.

 

The Big Leaf below is the class I'd like to attend.

I also started messing with small scrap pieces. I'd like to make a modern baby quilt like the nine block bright birch trees by Crazy Mom Quilts. I noticed she has the pattern for sale in Connecting Threads. I'd like to try my own version.

There are so many opportunities to learn new things, meet new people, and support worthy causes, being associated with a guild. Are you in a quilting guild?

I got in a great run yesterday at my favorite trail. 5.24 miles. Yeah for spring and warmer weather!

 

 

No comments: