Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Home again, home again

it is so good to be home! Like last visit I caught a terrible cold while I was in Edinburgh. However, this time it was much worse. I am always one of those folks who say to wait out a cold, 7-10 days. Today is day seven and I was miserable. I won't gross you out with the green details. It was time to go to a physician. Amazing what one dose of a Z pack can do!
I tend to stay a bit dehydrated and flying always makes that worse. On top of the cold yuck, last night's sleep evaded me with horrible foot cramps. I've read it is due to a magnesium dificiency. I got up and took a magnesium pill. Ate some salty crackers and drank water. Still horrible. I was desperate.
This works. At 2:30 this morning I ended up putting about a half to 3/4 cup of Epsom salts in a bucket of warm water and soaked my feet in it for about five minutes. No more cramps the rest of the night.
My daughter in law is a great cook. I came home with a few more of her recipes. I made British scones today. I decided to add some dried blueberries to mine, but I think the original recipe served with clotted cream and jam is the best.
It should say bake at 430 degrees.
...so good to be home.

No comments: