Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday sewing and other musings

After the hubby convinced me to make him French toast this morning.....

...I did a bit of sewing while he was out with his young friend "checking out" the roads....

Another soft book for Emma. This was a cute panel I ordered from Etsy by Henry Glass fabrics. Good service and good price from AnnadaisyDesigns.

...and because I haven't done well the last two weeks on my block a day strategy (I know, shame on me) made up a couple of blocks of my wonky stars...

I really love these little blocks but I don't know why I have the hardest time making them. They are pretty small at six and a half inches, and using scraps takes about thirty minutes to make two, which seems like forever to me.

...so here is the wall again, with only fifty blocks. I calculated again and I need 210 for a 84x90 quilt. Sheesh! I am not sure I'll ever get this done.

On a different topic, I wanted to capture some photos of my son...

He and his wife and daughter live in Edinburgh, Scotland, where he is in a PhD program at the University of Edinburgh. Last week he had the opportunity to travel to Dublin, Ireland to view some Greek manuscripts of the Old and New Testaments that date back to the 200s.

I can only imagine his excitement. This is his "thing."

My DIL texted me this awesome picture yesterday. She and Emma were playing at the park. That is little one-year-old Emma in the bottom left. Katie said she had a ball running I the open field.

 

 

No comments: