Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Off work Projects

One thing on my to-do list was to paint our front door.  Going black is a lot harder than painting white.  After 2 coats of primer and about 3 coats of paint.  Here is the final product.  I like it.


Another project was to faux tile our screened porch floor.  Here are pics from today's work.
Had to wash and etch it first.








Then tape up the side walls, mark it with chalk, and then tape over the chalk.  I used 1/4 inch painters tape; had to order it, no one around here had it.

Definitely a hard days work here.....
But it is ready to paint in the morning.  Below is my practice board for what I plan to do.  I am using concrete paint in three colors - a weathered concrete color, a darker gray, and a bit of adobe clay for a touch of reddish. My squares are 18" set on the diagonal.  Hope it turns out.


No comments: