Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trouble in knit land.....

I am sure that the reason my beginning stitches are so loose is because I did them wrong. I went back and looked at the YouTube videos again, and yep, I am sure I failed to pick up a thread when I made them. And also, I noticed that the weave seems awfully loose. I looked up the needles I am using, 22 mm, and found out they are bigger than the recommended size 35 (19mm). And now, the dilemma, continue on, or take out all that work?

I think I will be unhappy with it and all the work will be useless if I try to continue on. I believe I'll be much happier in the long run to take all of this out (if I can) and start over with 19mm needles, and be certain I do the casting stitches correctly.

Arrgh!! I'm going to sleep on it. I suppose I can look at it as I got in some great knitting practice, and mistakes are the best teachers. Words of advice from anyone?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: