Thursday, April 5, 2012

Not as easy as it looks

Why is it, that nothing is as easy as it looks?  I really, really, really want to make this fabric scrap rag rug.
Beautiful, isn't it?  You can read about it at crazymomquilts. I've got the strips ready.  Or at least a good start on them.  Borrowed some circular needles about the right size. Got the youtube videos to teach me how to cast on and do the garter stitch.
And I did it, but I think because the circular part of the needles is more narrow, and I am not experienced, I couldn't keep the stitches even.  They were all cattywompus as my dad used to say.  So, I'll try again when I get some straight needles.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You may want to try and crochet a rug instead of knitting one. I love to crochet them as I find the knitting needles to be too short.