Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quilt Scraps Rag Rug

I wish I had found this four weeks ago. Quilt scraps rag rug

You'll have to go to the link to see the rug. It is worth it!

This would have been a great project while I was laying around recuperating.



I have wanted to knit for quite sometime now. The rug is knitted using 1/2 to 1 inch strips of scrap fabric. I found a YouTube video that shows how to cast on the starting stitches and then do the basic garter stitch, which makes the rug. I pulled all my scrap strips that were less than 2 inches and have been cutting them into smaller strips. I still have a few more to cut. Then I'll need to purchase or borrow some 30 or 35 size needles. Can't wait to try this.

By the way, I am going to add crazy mom quilts to my blog roll. Great site!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: