Saturday, November 4, 2017

Ginger Tea

I get a little bored with coffee every morning.   I am not one of those who just love their coffee. I drink it to wake up usually.  Tried something new today.  Ginger tea.
Very easy to make.  Pour boiling water over a 2" piece of ginger root that has been cut into small pieces.  Add a couple slices of lemon and let steep for 10-15 minutes.  Some people add honey or sugar to sweeten it, I didn't need to. Ginger tea is supposed to be good for you for all kinds of reasons - aid in digestion, reduce pain and inflammation, boost your immune system, lower blood pressure, help with nausea.  I was just looking for something different to drink for breakfast. It was pretty yummy with this.....
Sara Lee Artesano bread, almond butter, and apple butter.  Remember that apple butter I made a few weeks ago? Ummmm.....delicious.  Everyone raves about this bread.  It is good, that is if you don't have any homemade bread on hand.

No comments: