Saturday, October 14, 2017

Dyeing Jeans

Ever dyed anything?  This was the third time I have dyed these jeans.  They are my all time favorites.  Loft skinny curvy. With little side zippers on the legs.  I wore and washed them so much, the color had really faded.  Dyed them.  Worked pretty good but the color seemed to fade out pretty fast.  I don't think I let them sit long enough in the dye.  Dyed them again and made the mistake of not constantly stirring for 20-30 minutes and some places didn't take while others were dark.  Just too weird looking.

So, I decided to try one more time.  Dyeing clothes in a bucket isn't for the faint of heart.  This time, I stood for 30 minutes stirring, then it took another 30 minutes of rinsing. I kept telling myself, one hour of my time would be worth it to have my favorite jeans back and wearable.

 I think it worked better this time than the previous two.  Nice and dark. even though still wet in this picture. I know other people dye on the stove or in the washer.  I was way too afraid to try the washer, and my laundry sink is more suited with very hot tap water than the stove top for me.

In other hobby news, I ran my longest training run yesterday.  In two weeks I'll do the first of two fall half marathons.
Sometimes I get discouraged that I am not any faster and I seem to be getting slower each year. I do some heavy self-talk....

- you are out there trying
- it's good for your heart
- it's good for your mood/stress
- it helps keep your weight down
- you are doing something not many your age can do
- be thankful you are able to run no matter the pace
- remember the fabulous endorphins!

Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel





No comments: