Monday, November 6, 2017

Bread Makin'

Cloudy, rainy, fall day - perfect for a bread makin' day. We had a busy weekend so I was very thankful to have this Monday off work to do whatever.  Haven't made bread in a while, so this morning that was the first thing on my to-do list.

I use the recipe from Allrecipes.com for Simple Whole Wheat Bread.  I've made bread for about 30 years and this is our favorite recipe. I love that it makes three loaves and freezes very well. Great for little gifts too.  It is a heavy, very filling bread, sweetened with honey. Sometimes I'll make six loaves at a time, if I have a few gifts to give, or I want to have plenty for the holidays or special times.
Yes, it does make a mess in the kitchen, but the house smells so yummy when it bakes.
And yes, it takes several hours to make.  Still, it is worth it.  Try it and let me know what you think.



Now, off to do some cleaning, a little decluttering, and maybe I'll make it upstairs to do some sewing. Love my semi-retiree Mondays.

Happy Monday!
Rachel

No comments: