Friday, April 15, 2016

Piecing, Gardens, and Scottish Life

Piecing.  I have 31 of 90 blocks made.  Yippy, one third of the way done.  I worked all week but I snuck up to the quilt studio a couple of times during the week "just to get one or two blocks made."  Normally I don't sew on work days. This evening after a long day of running errands, mammogram, etc., I was trying to get a couple more done and after sewing in a little piece wrong, twice, I figured it was time to quit.


I finally got my herbs planted this evening.  I am trying to put things closer like in the Square Foot Garden, so I have plenty of room to plant a few more veggies.  I'd like to get some peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I planted rosemary, green onions, basil, thyme, and parsley.


My son and his family traveled to the Scottish Borders last week and enjoyed visiting an old abbey that was founded in 1118 A.D.  Amazing, isn't it?






I mean seriously, how did they build these magnificent structures without the aid of electric tools, cranes, etc?





My baby girl is getting so big!  Can't wait for my next trip to visit her in June, oh yeah, and her parents :)

No comments: