Friday, April 8, 2016

Catching up

Lots to blog about this evening.  Let's talk about customer service.  I ordered some fat quarter bundles from Craftsy recently.  In one of the fat quarters I found this.
Yes,  a couple of holes.  In one fat quarter, only one.  I've never had that happen before.  I emailed Craftsy and tonight I received a response.  They are sending me a whole new bundle of fat quarters!  Wow. Incredible customer service.

I've started the massive king size quilt.  It is amazing how much better top quality fabric sews.  I used some cheap black and white I had for a wall hanging in the same pattern I am making for the king size.  I had trouble with my 1/4" seam, it was not fun.  I am using Moda for the black and white in the King size and started it tonight.  It sewed up like a dream.  Made 8 blocks.  Only 82 more to go.  Oh my.



One of the cats brought in the sweetest little rabbit last night.  He was precious.  He acted like he enjoyed me petting him.  Thank goodness the cat didn't seem to harm him.  Isn't he cute?



Do people still polish their leather shoes?  I remember as a child polishing my dad's on Saturday evening.  I bought a pair of low boots in the fall, that I love.  I wear them almost every day to work with jeans.  I have a long walk into the office so they get a lot of wear.  very comfy.  They have been looking pretty bad.  I took one of the hubby's oil sponges to them.  Wow.  I am not convinced that is as good as polish but it did make a big difference.



I'm still running.  Got in a great five miles tonight.  Cool. Windy. Perfect for a nice long slow run.  5 miles.

No comments: