Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pillow Shams

My Edinburgh Square quilt arrived back home today. The McCall's Quick Quilts issue with my quilt in it goes on sale December 29th!  I will be guest blogging on McCall's blog early in January and will run a contest on this blog for a free issue of the magazine.
My son and his family arrived in town today and I got to visit with them a bit before they headed off to the other grandparents house.  I decided to put the quilt on "their" bed since it was named about them and their current home.  So, before they spend a few nights here, I need to finish the matching pillow shams.



This is the fourth set of these I've made to match quilts. I mostly do it on the fly, no pattern.  I did some straight line quilting on my tabletop machine, and will do some free motion quilting to try to mimic what the quilt has.

I am so thankful tonight, especially for technology.  Because of FaceTime and iPhone videos my granddaughter knew me, reached for me, and said, "Mamaw!" I have to share her for the next two weeks but that is ok, we all love her and want to see her and her momma and daddy. Just so thankful they were able to come home for a visit.

No comments: