Saturday, December 20, 2014

Recipes

If you've never tried The Pioneer Woman's meat loaf, oh my, you should. I made it this evening. Followed the recipe exactly. Cooked it just a tad longer than it called for. The hubby said that meal was one of his top five ever!

Earlier today I spent a lot of time in the kitchen making her maple iced cinnamon rolls. They were very good too, but almost too sweet and rich, if that is possible. It makes seven round cake pans full. Great for Christmas gifts to neighbors and friends. We already delivered one pan, and hopefully will give away more tomorrow.

(Picture from Pioneer Woman's blog)

I tried to run today. Haven't run in a week and am thinking of signing up for a 15k race (9.3 miles) in February. After a mile warm up I tried to increase my speed. Knee started hurting so I cut it short after only 2.3 miles. I don't want any injuries so I guess I'll do a couple of weeks very slow before I try to increase the speed again. This picture illustrates my mood after a crummy run....

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: