Friday, April 19, 2013

Herb Garden

This is exciting. A permanent herb garden. I love to use fresh herbs in my cooking. I've been doing herbs in pots for a few years now and have wanted to make a permanent herb garden. I know I've got a lot to learn but I am excited about having them close to the house in the ground.

I've got rosemary, lemon basil, oregano, sweet basil, and parsley. I'd like to also get some thyme, chives, cilantro and lavender. Maybe I'll have room for a tomato vine or two, or maybe a sweet pepper plant.

I hired a guy to build this for me. I think if I had the time I could have done it myself. I've already decided that when I retire, I plan to make another one all the way across the back deck to grow other garden vegetables. I'll just have to figure out a way to keep the deer out of it. I'm hoping with the herbs so close to the house, they won't venture up to eat them. We'll see.

 

No comments: