Thursday, May 28, 2020

Third Scrap Quilt

Since I've got Quarantine, and Quarantine 2, I think I'll call this one Pandemic.  It is made from a 6" log cabin block I found in my EQ software. I printed it out to foundation piece but decided I didn't really need to, so I just measured each strip for cutting.  All the pieces except the 2" center (1 1/2" finished) are cut 1 1/4" for a 3/4" finish.


Oh, how I love a scrappy quilt...

I picked this backing from Keepsake Quilting.  I just loved all the colors and, at least on the computer screen ,they look like all the colors in the scraps.

 I decided to add a 5" white border all around to make it about 82" square.  I hope the backing comes soon. I am excited to quilt and finish this one.
I have a new obsession...I know it is trendy, but it is also so good.  Mashed avocado on sourdough toast with salt and pepper.  This and coffee has been my breakfast of choice for about 7 days now.
 I've found that Wandering Jew is so easy to propagate.  You make these little 'greenhouses' and let it sit for a week or so.  If you feel resistance when you pull on the plant it is ready to go in a bigger pot. I think they are good for outdoors shade and as a house plant.
 Hid one of my rocks the other day.  That is always fun, but so far out of about 10 I've hid, no one has posted them on facebook as found. I'll keep hiding, and looking though.
 This is one of my absolute favorite things about our home.  This window.  The glass opens outward with a hand crank. The ledge is barely wide enough for my violets and sourdough starter to get a little fresh air. I was thinking today, I wished I'd had the forethought to have the trim guy build the ledge just a little wider. But I'm not complaining. It is lovely having a window in my kitchen.

No comments: