Monday, May 4, 2020

New projects

I'm having to think of some new projects to fill the time.  I don't have the backing yet to start quilting on the big quilt, so I've been doing a few other things around the house today.  I did hang a curtain rod and a panel today in our dining room.  It kills me they only sell the panels singly, not a pair.  I only ordered one thinking I was getting a pair.

Painted a couple of eyes...

 And did something I've been wanting to do for a while -- tried to make macarons.  I thought they were awesome even if only one turned out like what they are supposed to look like.  The hubby didn't like them. I couldn't believe it!
Also, did a little thing to our screened porch.  Finally hung my quilted "window." We enjoy this porch so much.  The other end has a swing my daddy built me 27 years ago.
The hubby went fishing yesterday and brought me these locust blossoms.  They smell heavenly. He found them along the riverbank.
Still waiting on the backing for this big quilt.  I got a woven look light green, a summery green color. I've pretty much decided to do an overall pantograph, probably something feathery.
I've done quite a bit of reading via audible/overdrive for audible books since the quarantine.
  • The Lake House by Kate Morton - really liked it, suspense, mystery, set in England
  • In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick - liked it too, documentary type book about the Essex whaling ship disaster
  • Death at Wentwater Court by Carola Dunn - first of hers at the recommendation of a friend. Did not like it.  Just too light, unrealistic to me
  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tart - can't say I really liked it but I kept with it and it is long!  A lot of insight to a drug addict, a lot of emotional insights.....nah, would not recommend it although it won a Pulitzer Prize - really?
I have a subscription to Audible but only get the only 'free' book a month.  Usually try to get long books to get my money's worth. I also read via the Overdrive app through my local library.  Lots of books to choose from, can put a hold on those you want to read if they are unavailable, and all are free.

No comments: