Monday, April 27, 2020

Quilt Progress and a Good Run

I've been working hard on the paper pieced project, about 5-7 hours a day on the quilt.  Trying to still run three times a week too.  I changed up my running intervals today and had the best run I've had in years.  Instead of doing 90/30 (90 seconds of running to 30 seconds of walking), I increased my walk time and did 1:15/45, and did better.  Yes, better.  That walk break gave me more energy to run faster.



This is pretty much better than my best race pace, for several years.

Decided to make the quilt around 90" square so I will need 13 of the big blocks. My goal is to get one done a day until I get them done, and go back to work.  It is a lot of work, and I've already gone through 2 cutting blades and I'll need a new cutting board by the time I'm finished.  But...I love it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the colors in that quilt! Gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Thanks! Just used all my scraps, and didn't do any real rhyme or reason on putting them together.