Sunday, April 5, 2020

Painting and Quilting

I've done a couple of simple rocks lately.
And in case a reader would like to know what supplies you need to paint rocks like these...
 I ordered the paint pens from Amazon and they seem to work really well.  The spray finish I found at Hobby Lobby before the Governor issued the stay at home order for the pandemic.
The spray is supposed to seal the paint so it can be placed outside in the weather.  haven't done a I lot of quilting but I am up to 35 blocks on my scrap quilt.

  I like the size.  It works on a twin, full, and a queen, and even king, if you have a solid spread underneath.  I actually prefer smaller quilts for a king bed - easier to wash and dry.  I keep a white matelasse spread on ours underneath whatever quilt I have on at the time.
I also have white spreads on the two twin beds as well.  Many times I put throw quilts on them. I like to change those quilts often.
So what are you thoughts on the pandemic?  At first I thought it was really nothing more than the seasonal flu, but it does seem to spread much quicker and seems deadlier.  We are in a stay-at-home order but a lot of folks are still out and about.  I am not working now and really miss going to work 2-3 days a week. If it drags on I hope to be able to do a little work (from my part time job) from home, but am not right now. The hubby isn't happy that I keep telling him he needs to be fishing by himself. He is very social and is missing his buddies.


No comments: