Saturday, January 11, 2020

2020 is Here

Hard to believe we are in the year 2020.  I read the other day that we are as close to 2050 as we are to 1990.  Crazy!  So, I have a lot of things planned, but first wanted to document some photos.  I've got the "twins" dressed for a new season...

 I've got a finish for the new year and this little pattern is addictive.  I've already started another.  And all from scraps, which is the best kind of quilt!

Like the quilts on the twin beds, these will be a boy and girl version that I will eventually use for gifts or donations, if I can part with them.  :)

I think I've finally got my wild yeast sourdough bread down pat!  This was a boule version. It is now to the point where I only feed it once a week.  I split a 1/2 cup out on Friday evenings, feed it, then feed the mother and put her back in the fridge for another week.  The part split out will make bread for that week....or rolls, or muffins, or cinnamon rolls, etc.
I also have a woodworking finish to start the year.  The hubby got me a jig saw for Christmas so I made him a fishing rod storage rack.  Hopefully we will get it mounted on the wall today.

He has a two week fishing trip coming up and I've been wanted to build a console table to go under our TV.  I found this plan and have decided to make it.  Eek!  it is really out of my building comfort zone as I've never done drawers and doors.  It is a faux printmaker's cabinet.
 It has three drawers at the top and three doors, that look like small drawers, on the bottom part.  Jen Woodhouse www.jenwoodhouse.com build the piece in 2012 (if you don't follow her, and you love wood working, you should!).  She asked Ana White (of DIY fame, another one to follow) to write the plans.  They are free on her website, www.ana-white.com
 This piece from Restoration Hardware, below, is the inspiration for the piece.  It will set you back over $1600.  I think I can build it for about $300 in supplies.
I found this pic on Ana Whites website of one someone made.  They adjusted the height some, but isn't it beautiful?? I love the texture of the wood pieces....and her pulls!  I can't find these pulls that are not crazy expensive so I decided to go with the small black cup pulls like in the inspiration picture above.
Stay tuned....I hope to have this baby build in about 3-4 weeks.  I won't start until the hubby is out of the garage....

I'm still running to prepare for a half marathon.  I am signed up for one in Cambridge, England with my daughter in law, but right now not for sure I will go, since I made a visit just in December.
I'm experimenting with the decor in our master bedroom.  It needs some work.  I also plan to paint an old dresser while the hubs is away.  I picked up these two lamps yesterday.  I'd love sconces but the bed is so big and sits away from the wall enough that it wouldn't be comfortable to turn them on and off.  I thought about putting these on the night stands but they fit fine on the headboard.  Not sure if I'll keep them.  I have plans to put up curtain rods and sheers so I'll see how that looks before returning them.  I actually like them a lot, but the hubby doesn't like change so he is.....not a fan yet.
 So this morning I am sitting drinking some hot tea and enjoying the views around me. I don't know what it is but it really does bring a smile on my face to decorate our home.
I'm one of those people who get my energy and peace from being at home. Hope you are enjoying your space as well, or if you are one of those who gets it from being around other people and out and about, enjoy your day as well!

No comments: