Monday, January 20, 2020

Cold MLK Day

It was a cold, cold day and a good one to stay inside.  I admire those who were out celebrating the life of Martin Luther King. "The time is always right to do what is right."

I celebrated at home sewing, decorating, and enjoying the day.

First up, I finished the sewing and quilting on the new Plus quilt.  Just need to do the binding.


I've really enjoyed making these quilts.  It's always fun to make one using nothing but scraps and stash.  Not too long ago I began adding some curtains and shades to some of our windows.  I am really liking the look.
 I've also been changing up the master bedroom a little and wanted to soften the look by adding the sheers in that room too.  Here is the before curtains.
 And here is after I got one set hung today.  I really love the difference they made.  :)  It is subtle but so nice.
 Jesse, the one-eyed kitty, also enjoyed staying in the warm house today.  He wanted to go outside but each time we opened the door, he got a sense of the cold and turned around. Nope, not today.
 My son and family are currently in Oxford.  He was invited to be a guest lecturer. Yes, this momma is proud of her son.  They were able to do some sightseeing while there, and visited The Eagle and the Child, the restaurant where famous authors such as J. R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis would meet to discuss their writings.
Working tomorrow and dreading getting out in the frigid air.  Brrrr.....

No comments: