Thursday, January 21, 2016

What did you do on the snowy day?

I was supposed to go in to work yesterday but one of the joys of being semi-retired is having the option not to go in, and not feeling bad about it. So, I stayed in all day and sewed and cooked.

Didn't have chocolate chips but made some cookies using butterscotch and white chocolate chips.  Not quite as good as with milk chocolate chips, but still good.  I don't have a picture of the yummy potato soup I made.



I hope you readers are not tired of Edinburgh Square.  I'm still making those!



I really wanted to see what the pattern would look like made up with a mix of colors and a mix of backgrounds in each block.  Well......it kind of looks like a pixellated picture to me!  I'm continuing on with it and hope it looks more cohesive when finished and quilted.  
I am reminded of one of the three things Angela Walters says to new quilters, "remember the purpose of your quilt."  This will go for a charity for children or for a baby gift so even if the pattern doesn't pull together when finished, I think most kids and babies like bright colors, so it will be fine.   :)

No comments: