Sunday, January 3, 2016

Quilts of Valor Block

There are some beautifully designed Quilts of Valor on the web.  I was messing around with EQ today and thought I'd make my barn quilt design into a block I could use in a QOV quilt design.

That's my little barn quilt on my front porch.

Just changing the green to gold.......


....now to decide what other blocks or sashing I can add to make the quilt design.  I don't want a full quilt of these blocks, since they are pretty intricate.  I like to try to add easy blocks to the design.  I could play with EQ for hours, which is pretty much what I did this afternoon.

Other news....I signed up for the Nashville Hot Chocolate 15k in February.  I need a good race to keep me motivated in running.  The hubby will go with me and we'll make it a little overnight trip, and visit with his twin sister and brother-in-law.

This is the medal. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: