Friday, September 11, 2015

Guild Day

The attendance at our monthly guild meeting was down today but I enjoyed the meeting immensely. We got to see about half of a video about threads from Superior thread company. I learned a lot. There was even some discussion about their needles that was very informative. After the meeting I went to the shop in Greenback, which is great. Good prices, not your everyday fabrics, and lots of inspiration. I knew I'd find what I was looking for.

Some nice solids with subtle texture. And although I am supposed to be working on a remembrance quilt...

I just had to make a few blocks in this design. I love making quilts from strips.

Did you ever have something turn out EXACTLY like you imagined?

So far the blocks are just that. Hopefully when the quilt is finished it too will be what I envisioned. I'm trying some new techniques in an effort to be more precise. I am using a little starch as I piece, I'm really trying hard to keep my stitch at a scant 1/4", and I'm squaring up very often. I also picked up some Superior Topstitch needles, that I heard about today.

Nothing like some new needles, fabric, and a plan to get you motivated!

 

No comments: