Friday, May 9, 2014

My version of "bulletproof" blended coffee

Ever heard about this stuff? I am a big snacker and could easily eat my weight in sweets. I have to get up so early for work, at 4:30, so normally even after eating breakfast I am starved by about 9 am. Thought I'd try this.

To your normal cup of coffee, add one tablespoon of organic butter, one teaspoon of coconut oil, a dash of cinnamon, a bit of vanilla, some honey, and I still do just a tiny bit of my normal vanilla creamer. Mix with a battery frother and yummy!! Keeps me satisfied for almost six hours! If I pair it with a piece of cheese toast, like yesterday morning, I went seven hours before I felt hungry. Supposedly it jump starts your metabolism for the day.

The butter and coconut oil are supposed to be the good fats we need. They take longer to digest so you don't feel hungry so soon. I am going to try to work up to a tablespoon of coconut oil. If your system isn't used to that much fat you need to slowly work up to it. So far so good with me.

You can do this in a blender or magic bullet but if the coffee is hot, it will spew and make a mess. The frother can be purchased at IKEA in the check out asle for $1.99 I've read, but since there isn't one around here I found it on amazon for $6.83. It is a cheap little device but works great!

 

No comments: