Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!  Thank you to those who gave their all for our freedoms.





Jesse was feeling rather memorial, and chose the patriotic quilt for his nap while I sewed all afternoon.

He didn't even mind my DIY air conditioner sitting on the bed softly humming.  I elevated the bottom and put several smaller frozen water bottles inside. It made a difference. The air was cooler.












I worked most of the afternoon on my Swoon quilt.  The one, I had as a 2014 goal finish, but forgot about until I found my goals the other day.  I am making great progress.

There are a lot of leftover triangles from the flying geese units.  I want to use them somewhere, maybe a border on the top and bottom.  Or maybe make a few throw pillows to go on the bed with the quilt.




This is how the border would look.  Hummm.....just not sure if that is what I want to do.


No comments: