Saturday, May 10, 2014

Back in the groove? Maybe.....

Last night we babysat a six year old boy and a seven year old girl for some friends. I may have introduced a little girl to the art of quilting! She made her first quilt top. She picked out the scraps, determined how to put them together, and I showed her how to cut, press, and sew the pieces. I thought she did so good! We had a great time. I look forward to the day when I can do the same with my Emma.

She also helped me pick coordinating fabric for the blocks we are making for our next church quilting group project. Having this little enthusiastic girl around helped me to realize the joy I get from quilting. Maybe I am getting back in the groove! Yay!

For our church project we handed out the floral fabric and everyone is supposed to make as many blocks as they want with coordinating fabric and some white background. These go together so fast! We will put them all together, make it a quilt, and put it in the annual church auction to benefit the youth mission trips.

By the way, the hubby and the little six year old boy "fished a tournament" out of the boat while it was sitting in the boat garage. He came in and told me they won the tournament and even won "big fish" and $80. Kids...gotta love 'em!

 

1 comment:

Florence said...

thats sweet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she will remember that forever,,,,,,,,,