Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Scrappy Star

Decided to try to get back into sewing and I think I have figured out one of the reasons why I haven't been as ambitious about sewing lately. Tools. You have to have good tools. My little Janome bit the dust weeks ago. She needed a new motor. I ended up getting a replacement, a Janome DC1050. It isn't a bad machine, but just not as smooth as the little Janome Jem Platinum 760 I've had for five years and have used to made over 100 quilts. I got it fixed and today is the first time I have used it. Wow. This little machine is my favorite. Smooth. Quiet. Even.

So, I might just try to get this scrappy star finished over my holiday vacation.

It is made from my stash of shirt scraps I've collected over the past couple of years, making memory quilts.

Now, one question for quilters out there. What is the best iron for piecing? I am using a black and decker classic, and it gets very not, but is horrible, because it constantly grabs the fabric and irons wrinkles in when I am trying to iron the pieces.

Got a gift card and some cash that is wanting to be used for my hobby. Please give me your iron opinions. Thanks!


No comments: