Saturday, December 8, 2012

Breakfast

Mmmm.....English muffin bread with butter and honey, a cup of coffee....a quiet spot to look out the window and do my morning reading. Great way to start the day.

By the way, I have gotten a couple of suggestions to help me handle the dilemma of the memory quilt. One is to use the few scraps I have left from the quilt, along with some of the widow's own clothing to make four pillow covers, one for each of the grandchildren. I love this idea. The quilt will stay in one piece, yet the grandchildren will each have something useful with a memory. I hope they like this idea. I had decided there was no way that I could cut up the quilt into four pieces. Reminded me of the story in the bible (1 Kings 3:16-28) where the two women were fighting over the baby. To settle it, Solomon told them to cut the baby in half. The one that valued the baby's life said No!

No comments: