Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall

Hard to believe the deck and the driveway were clean as a pin yesterday....look how the wind piled the leaves up like snow.

Jesse and I both are enjoying the cooler weather and we like listening to the leaves......

Today seemed like a good day to do some cooking. My grocery had split breasts for 99 cents a pound yesterday. I wish now I'd bought several packages. I boiled one package up and now have two containers of cooked chicken, two freezer bags of homemade broth, and even put the leftover onions, celery, and carrots into my "leftover" freezer container. I accumulate leftovers to make soup.

Then I found a recipe for homemade oatmeal breakfast bars. Yum. I also made up a container of iced coffee. You ever just get in the mood to cook up make-ahead meals or try new recipes? Humm....wonder what else I can find to do while the hubby is fishing today......

No comments: