Monday, October 8, 2012

Creamed Spinach

I don't know where I got this recipe but it is so yummy! I don't know if I have ever tasted the "normal" creamed spinach with a white sauce, onions, garlic, touch of nutmeg......but this one, oh my, it is so delicious and super easy.

Made it tonight. The image is not my own, but it was one I found that looked very much like my finished product.

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/05/creamed-spinach-take-2-293-recipe-073.html

One bag/box of fresh spinach (about 6-10 ounces), 1/8 cup water, 1/3-1/2 cup cream cheese, 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, generous pinch of salt.

Heat water in pan with lid until boiling; add spinach and let it cook about three minutes, stirring often; add remaining ingredients and cook until cream cheese is melted. This only makes about two servings. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.

No comments: