Friday, March 23, 2012

Supper

Today is only the second time that I've cooked since I had my surgery.  It is time to get back in the groove. Thanks to many friends who brought food, and to the hubs who grilled, and made sure we had plenty to eat.

In my quest to learn how to cook and eat whole foods, I again made a tofu stir fry. I started with stir frying the veggies in a little peanut oil....this time I used a few different veggies.....
 Then added in cooked brown rice, peanuts, pineapple tidbits and a bit of teriyaki......
then added the tofu that I had marinated in teriyaki sauce.....
and here is the final product....
and for dessert I made a fresh strawberry cobbler.  I used almond milk and a little less sugar than normal in my attempt to be dairy free and cut down on sugar.  By the way, the almond milk is really good and has 50% more calcium than regular milk.
The little corner in the right......well, I had to taste it.  I thought it was still very yummy!

No comments: