Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! (almost)

We had the new year tradition of black-eyed peas, for supper tonight.  I know, I know, we were a day early, but that is ok.  I made enough, we can have more tomorrow. I added a big meaty hambone from the freezer and made it into soup.  It was pretty yummy.  The hubby had fished all day.  After a day of fishing, he always comes in starved and raves over whatever I fix.  He liked them.
I've had the best week off from work.  I did so much organizing, cleaning, and really enjoyed being home. I have yet to sew.  Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow or on Monday.  I don't go back to work until Tuesday.
I've been thinking of all my blessings this year, and am so thankful.  I've also been thinking of things I'd like to do in the new year.  I am so project oriented, I tend to get caught up in my projects.  I really have to work at being social. I do love to have company though, so my new year's resolutions will include:

Spend more time with friends. Invite them over for a meal.

And of course, I have lots and lots of projects for 2012:
Read the bible through
Finish the widow quilt I am currently working on
Complete the laundry room re-do
Faux paint the concrete floor of the screened porch
Finish the 2011 Thangles Block of the Month quilt
Plant some tulips (have the bulbs in hibernation in the closet now)
Get more Command Hooks for our closets to further organize them (love those things!)
Finish the shirt/star quilt I started a couple months ago
Make another widow quilt

No comments: