Friday, January 1, 2010

Sewing Room

Here are a few pics of my sewing room -- my little retreat... This is my fat quarter and small fabric storage. Yes, shoe organizers from Target.



This is my sewing/cutting table which I love. A piece of laminate counter top 36 x 80 sitting on top of two wood kitchen cabinets. I had Lowe's cut a hole for my little Janome machine. The chair is a drafting chair I purchased for $5 at a business furniture sale. Perfect for the high table.



Next is my Gammill Premier Plus, which barely fits. Thank goodness I am not very tall. I also have a recliner and a double bed.


Part of my organizing spree I've been on included my sewing table cabinets. They were a mess. Here is about half of my leftover batting pieces, folded with labels for their size. The other cabinet has at least as much but they are smaller pieces I will use for dusting and cleaning. What do you do with your leftover batting pieces?



Now you've seen my little retreat. Not extravagant by any means, in fact, furnished frugally (is that a word? ha) but perfect for me. I even have a bathroom up here.

1 comment:

Erika Mulvenna said...

Your sewing space is lovely, and you have everything you could ever need; a bathroom, a comfy chair, and a bed!

Happy sewing in the new year!