Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just not into it....

I think I've figured out why I have just not been into my sewing the last few weeks. I am working on a simple five yard quilt top. I bought the fabric as a kit. I thought they were kind of pretty and thought I'd make it up for a donation or gift quilt. Well, my husband did not like the fabrics at all, and ever since he told me that I have just not been into finishing it. But, being obsessive about finishing, I decided that I would get the top done today. I've made myself, and it really isn't that bad. I'll post a pic later. I also haven't worked on my cathedral windows quilt much because my fingers are so dry they are cracking and bleeding. It hurts! I guess I need to drink more water and use more lotion. We are having unseasonable cold weather here, as most of the U.S which doesn't help if you already are prone to dry skin! Hope you are toasty warm inside doing what you love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of trouble with dry hands in the winter like you. I found that Cetaphil moisturizing cream (comes in a big jar unfortunately) really does wonders for me. I've been faithfully using it several times a day and it is really helping. I even put some in a small container for my purse so I can use it anywhere.

Lotion doesn't help my hands that much and I use a lot of hand sanitizer where I work so that really dries out my hands too.

Hope you like your quilt better when you get it done!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the info. I found that Gold Bond medicated lotion works pretty good also.

Jenn said...

Hello! I just found your blog when I did a search for Thangles. Your work is absolutely beautiful! I am a beginner myself and have been working on two small Thangle quilts for my daughter's dolls. Just wanted to say "hi" and blessings to you!

Rachel said...

Hi Jenn! So glad you found my blog. Visit often!

Christie Cottage said...

Oh I can just feel the pain in your hands from being cracked and bleeding. I think we can never use enough lotion!

Happy quiting!

A sister in Christ