Sunday, August 9, 2020

New project

Have you ever started a project that you just weren't sure you could do?  I've done that many, many times.  I started one yesterday that I think is awesome but I'm not sure I have the skills to complete it.  I am terrible at Y seams and this pattern has a ton of them. I plan to make oodles of 9 patch blocks (finish at 3") and then I'll either learn how to make Y seams or I'll use them in another pattern.  The pattern is similar, or maybe the exact same as an old one called Jack's Chain.  This one I purchased from Etsy, is called Ring Cycles.

               
I want to be sure my 'rings' show up, so I am going to make a few with the darker fabric running diagonal through the block, as in the green and orange below.  In the pattern, the 9 patches are all the same two colors. I'm using scraps so I think I might need to help the visual of it some.  Not sure yet.  I may just make some the same and mix them in the bunch too. Who knows what it will turn out like??

Just look at all those Y seams......yikes!

Also done a little painting and hiding this weekend.
Above is my Back to School rock to hide in our local Facebook Rock Club. And below is one I hid in our downtown area yesterday
I continued on the avocado......changing and adding.....

It's been quiet around here the last couple of days.  The kids went to the other grandparents for a few days to visit before school starts.  I miss this little people.  We sure had some fun for a couple of days.I look forward to more of it.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Love the quilt pattern! It reminds me of a favorite toy when I was little - a Spirograph!

Rachel said...

It does!