Saturday, August 1, 2020

Learning to Paint

When I started painting in March, I knew it would be something I'd like but I didn't know just how much I would enjoy it. There is so much information -- pictures and how-to videos -- to teach yourself how to paint. Avocado is my current favorite breakfast (on a piece of sourdough bread), and the thought occurred to me today, that it might be easy to paint.  I googled videos on how to paint an avocado. Here is the result.
I am nuts over shading, shadows, and trying to do texture.  This was a great opportunity to learn more about those things. I also did a little strawberry today.
Non painting news......I have sweet crispy pickles soaking in sugar and spices. I'll probably can them Sunday afternoon. It's an old-timer recipe that I just put up in jars with cardboard liners in the lids, for years. Now I'm a little afraid not to water bath can them.

.....and they have already been taste tested.....yummy.

A few more rocks I've done lately. 



3 comments:

Jan said...

There seems to be no end to your curiosity and talent. I love it!
I've been consumed with playing with the grandkids lately and loving it!

Hmmm, your avocado painting is making me hungry. Breakfast time.

Rachel said...

Thank you Jan. To be sure, there is no end to my curiosity and desire to learn new things! But if my grandkids were here I'd be like you and playing with them. Right now, we are in the "calm before the storm" as they will be here on Tuesday to live with us for about a year! We can't wait but also know our "quiet" time will be on hold for a while.

Jan said...

Rachel, I'm so excited for you! Have fun and take lots of pictures!