Friday, November 29, 2019

Post Thanksgiving Updates

We had a good time yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Started the day off right with a Hot-to-trot 5k race with friends.


 I was thrilled with my results.  It's been a while since a ran a 5k this fast.  I've been going to osteostrong and working out with weights 2x a week in addition to running 3x a week, with the goal of improving my bone density, but I think it is helping my running too.

 Of course after all that running, we were ready to eat pie! Apple, peach, almond, and Kentucky Derby (chocolate chips, pecans)
 I have so much to be thankful for but still it's rather hard getting older without family around at holidays. My grandchildren are in England with their momma and daddy, my brother was doing his own celebration I suppose, and the rest of our family lives out of town or in another state. We had a nice dinner with friends, who are kind enough to invite us to their family activities.  Afterwards, just came home, ate leftovers, and loafed around.  We watched The Help, which is a great movie although it brings me to tears.
I cozied up with the quilt I made my Daddy years ago, which came back to me when he passed away, my favorite kitty slippers and enjoyed the fire and the movie. A few days ago I pulled out the quilt I made from my son's shirts to help cozy up the place for Christmas.  of course that adds to my 'holidays without family' feelings.  :(

I recently finished the second of two Christmas throws I made for the twin bedroom.  I say, the "twins" are dressed for Christmas.  :)  I don't do a lot for decorating the holidays but I have enjoyed changing out the quilts on the twin beds for each holiday.

These were made from Little Tree fabric from Lella Boutique, using Cloud 9 and North Star patterns.  Buffalo Check fabric was from Hobby Lobby, and although I love it, it did fade in the prewash and I was unable to match the checks.  I kept telling myself that it won't matter, the flannel backing is for coziness not looks.


The husband is fishing a tournament today, and I don't do black Friday shopping, except a little online.  I've been packing for my upcoming trip to see the grands.  That will be an exciting time.  I long for the day when they can visit us and sleep in this little room, and enjoy time with Mamole and Papaw Jim.  "Mamole" is what they call me, it is their little English/Scottish version of Mamaw.

I've got to find room somewhere for my clothes and things.  This is full of just stuff for the kids, and a few kitchen things for Katie and Elijah.  Evidently they don't have good peanut butter there, so the humongous container of Peter Pan, along with pudding mixes, starbucks coffee, etc.  And of course way too many gifts and toys for the kiddos.  :)

No comments: