Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Weekend!

We have had some of the most pleasant spring like days around here.  I don't think our air conditioner has come on in the last three days.  We've enjoyed having our french doors all the way open. The air has been so clear, just a beautiful few days.


I have a gift quilt to make for a wedding this fall.  I asked what colors they like.  Well, you want to make something they will actually like, but when you ask, that means you have to make something in those colors, lol.  Their colors were very muted, but I did find a fat quarter pack to use that will work.  All but the navy.
And even picked a pattern, but, whoa, I am not sure now.  I love the pattern and think it would look so pretty with all the background being white.  I made a test block using some of my scraps.
 It's by Corey Yoder and I just love the little pops of color.  But....this will be a lot of work. I think I might save this to make out of my own scraps for one I'll keep and find something a little easier for the gift quilt.
I do think it is sooooo pretty!

I also tried to reorganize my fabric scraps/stash yesterday.  I had big plastic bins but they were full to the brim and too difficult to really find something in, so I purchased some plastic flip top shoe boxes. They are a little small, but I think they will still work well.  I managed to pull out several different colors to make it easier to find something specific.  Do you  organize by color or size?  I tried organizing by size a few years ago, but color seems to work better for me.
I'm determined to get back to posting more on my family blog (this one). I've said before how I print my blog every few years using Blog-2-Print.  It takes the actual posts, pictures and text, and puts them in a hard bound book.  I absolutely love going back and looking at them.  I've often pulled a book out to see when we went somewhere or when I was doing something. If you have a blog and don't routinely print photos (seems hardly anyone prints photos like we did in years gone by) these books are a fabulous documentation of your life and activities.

Enjoy your weekend!
Rachel

No comments: