Sunday, June 2, 2019

Adventures in England

Beware, long post.  I just got back from a week in England, visiting my son and his family.  We started the week's adventures with a picnic in the village and a tour of an old historical church.      








 Then we traveled to Bath where we toured the Roman Baths, sipped the water from the mineral spring (my son said it tasted like he ate a skunk, LOL!), went to a royal fashion museum, and the Jane Austin museum.


Then to Corfe Castle built in the 1100's.




 They had a place where the kids could play on 1100th century kids toys and games. (not sure about the hula hoops??  maybe back then they were carved from wood?)

Then we went to Lyme Regis to see some of the Jurassic Coast beach.






My last day there was spent at Stonehenge.  It was a beautiful day for it.


 Trying to get a picture of us all jumping......




 Goodness, I love these two so very much!


 This girl.......  :)

It was a fun trip for this reluctant traveler.  I don't really like to travel, but I guess I'd go anywhere to see my grand babies.  Thankful I can.

No comments: