Monday, August 27, 2018

House Progress

Things are hoppin over at the new home site.  Shingles on, doors and windows in, electrical and plumbing rough in completed and inspected, CH&A rough in done, central vac installed (Yeah baby!).  Meeting with the cabinet man tomorrow to finalize the design and sign a contract. Fireplace soon, then insulation, then sheetrock. I am hoping the brick and stone will be going up soon too.

I took a friend with me to help me pick out tile for the bathrooms and laundry room.  She helped me step out of my comfort zone a bit and I am really excited about what we picked.  Have you seen the stencil tiles?  A lot of people (Pinterest) are putting it in laundry rooms like below....
Here is the one I picked.  If I was going to go bold, the laundry room seemed a good, safe place to do it!
My washer and dryer is black and I'll have some white cabinets in there.  It was so budget friendly at 99 cents a square foot, I figure if I really got tired of it in a few years I could always paint it, or rip it up.

Next up the bathrooms.  The Floor and Decor designer I worked with (a free service!) was really great.  She helped me pick some simple tile that has a transitional style to it, which means it can go with several kinds of decor.  Simple like the modern farmhouse style so popular now, and which I really like, but also just a bit different.  I went with a bigger 4" x 10" subway tile for the showers. I stepped out of my comfort zone on the shower floor tile.  I picked a penny tile that has a slight metallic look.
 Below is a picture from Pinterest that is similar to what I picked.  We decided on a darker grey grout.
As you can see I love the simplistic look of subway tile and wanted white with a soft gray grout for the kitchen.  The designer suggested I go a little smaller than traditional subway tile. The counter will be a white quartz with some marble veining.
We are just so very, very thankful we are getting to build our dream home.  The home we hope to live in until we pass away.  Most everything is handicap accessible with wide door ways and easy access. No steps to get into the house or out to the porches.  This is very important for my husband.  He has a bad leg from polio he contracted at the age of one. Steps are getting more and more difficult as he ages.

Just wanted to document our progress!  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it! Thanks for posting!!!

Unknown said...

Prestige Brick and Block Ltd is a full service brick and blocks laying company, providing professional and high quality hassle-free work. From Block & Brick Houses, Commercial Building, to Garden walls and Garages, we cater it all. Our expert team manages your project from beginning to end.