Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Construction News

The house is coming along.  Framing and plumbing inspection was today and passed, yay!  I had bought some laundry tile and went to pick it up today.  Didn't realize each box weighed 60 pounds.  Uh oh.  I managed to move 4 from the car to the garage before I felt just a tiny twinge in my back.  Then, smartly, I stopped.  Our builder fussed at me for it - said it was his job to get that stuff.  Well, he will be hauling the rest from my car, and what I moved from the garage when it is needed.  Lol!  I am too old to be moving that much weight.  I used to pride myself on being really strong (as I always said, "for a girl") but that strength has a way of melting away as the years go by. I do weights 2-3 times a week, but it really isn't enough.

Anyway, here's a look at my tile next to the washer and dryer.  I think I'm going to love it.


This style is very popular right now.  I know it will go out of style, as everything does, in a few years, but I'm going for it, and I'll enjoy it.  Maybe when it goes out of style, I'll be too old to care, ha!

Costco had a great buy on outdoor dusk to dawn LED carriage lights.  Score!

Costco is also selling garage doors through a local company right now.  Very reasonably priced.  The ones we picked out were over budget, by a lot.  We thought we would just have to accept that, but these will actually be in budget.  He's done his research and will do a comparison, to see which ones will suit our needs and be in or close to, budget.

Do you like Costco or Sams?  Years ago, I really liked Sams, but now Costco is my favorite.  I finally decided on pendant lights for over the island.  I have obsessed about these.  I settled with this large lantern style.  I wasn't sure whether I would need two or three, so I bought three.  However, I am hoping two will be plenty and I can use the other one as a foyer light.
(courtesy of blesserhouse.com)

They look huge in this picture.  They are 18" x 12", but the island is very large at 9' x 4'.  I like that they have no glass to get dirty and you can see through them.

More to come in the next few weeks - insulation, picking trim and interior doors, sheetrock, brick, stone, etc. etc. etc.  It's all good.


No comments: