Saturday, August 4, 2018

Home progress

The home building is trucking right along.  They got the felt on the roof today.  Windows are scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday and shingles on Friday.  It's an exciting time.



We are just so, so thankful we are able to do this. We want this home to be full of friends, company, life and laughter.  (drone pics thanks to a good friend who lives close and has a drone!)

Speaking of life and laughter....
This girl is growing up so much.  She looks so tall!  Her and her family and getting ready for a big move to Cambridge, UK.  It marks the end of a wonderful time in their lives.  They have made so many good friends in Edinburgh, but as they and their friends graduate and move on to other things, it is sad for them. They have been soaking up all the sights, sounds, and friends lately in preparation for the move.
I'm still not doing any quilting.  I've been spending my time re-furbishing furniture, cleaning out closets, organizing my quilting room, and all the errands associated with building - picking this and that.

Our 10 year old cat, Jesse, has some kind of eye infection.  We took him to the vet about 10 days ago and they gave us some pain medicine for him.  I had already bought terramycin ointment which is what she recommended.  He isn't sneezing, or pawing at it.  It runs and he keeps it closed.  He was getting better, but we neglected the ointment the last few days and now it is bad again.  He has another appointment on Monday but I have an out of town business trip, so the hubby is going to have to figure out how to get him there.  Jim walks with a cane and can't lift the cat.  He plans to get a friend to help him get Jesse in the carrier and to and from the vet.  We are pretty worried about him.  When this first happened he didn't eat or drink for almost 3 days.  He didn't eat anything last night or today.  He is holding his head kind of weird, and just not acting himself. I'm wondering if it is a secondary problem due to something more serious.
HIs good eye, was very dilated earlier today.  He has been the perfect cat.  Never jumps on the tables, never claws the furniture, does his business outside.  I just pray that if this is something serious the good Lord won't let him suffer. I hate the the hubby will have to handle this alone.  He adores this animal.

Although I retired three years ago, I've been working part time as a subcontractor.  I never intended to travel for work any more, but here I go..  :(  Not sure why I agreed to this, but I don't think I will again.  I get enough traveling to see the kids.  Off to Los Alamos tomorrow for six days.

2 comments:

Jan said...

So much going on in your family! Prayers and praise for all. Can't wait for a tour of the new house.

Jan!

Rachel said...

Thank you sweet Jan!