Sunday, July 22, 2018

Summer Stuff

Can't believe how fast the summer is racing by.  Haven't had the paddle board out even once.  The house building is keeping us very busy, and all the other projects that go along with building. One thing I am so very, very thankful for is my son's graduation from the University of Edinburgh with his Doctorate of Philosophy.  They have an upcoming move to Cambridge, England for a 2 year position with the Tyndale House Research Library.  I hope to make a few visits while they are there.

Of course a graduation ceremony in Scotland calls for a kilt!


So thankful for my sweet daughter in law, who has worked so hard keeping up with the household and kids so he can study and complete this milestone.  She deserves congrats also.

Finally made a decision on the kitchen island and vanities for the new house.  We are going with knotty hickory with a driftwood stain.  Its a bit rustic, but we really love the look.
Right now the plan is a wood look tile for the bathrooms.  A contrasting color to the real hardwood in the other rooms.
So many decisions -- hardware, brick, shingles, etc.
Our brick is called Brompton by Acme.  We plan to use a buff mortar, and I really like the contrast of a roof shingle by Certainteed called Driftwood.
Almost all the walls are up.  Still to do the bonus room.  Trusses are late coming, hopefully this week we will see them going up.

So that's the status with our household.  Not any sewing getting done lately, but I'll get back into it when we move.  I still need to go through my sewing room to purge and organize.


2 comments:

Jan said...

Decisions! Decisions! Living vicariously through you, I admire your ability to make those choices in a timely manner. I think,that at 67, I don't have enough trips around the sun to make all those decisions you are facing. Years back, it took me two years to decide on carpeting for the small house Mark and I bought when we got married...and the decision was to install oak floors!

You have such a beautiful family. Not only should you be proud of him, but he must be proud of you, raising such a wonderful son!

Rachel said...

I’m glad you read the blog. It’s wonderful to have comments too! There are lots of decisions but I really enjoy the process. I’ll keep you posted. We got trusses today!